February 3, 2014

2014 Blogger Challenge: Once Upon a Time...


Hi Everybody!
As part of the 2014 Blogger Challenge, we were asked to share a review on a book. As a book nerd, I was pretty excited about this particular challenge!



The book I chose is a favorite of many. Who doesn't love the Hunger Games Series? Awhile back I read the book, and then I decided to read it again as it's been a few years. I completely forgot how amazing this book is! It's impossible to put down, I think Suzanne Collins seriously put a spell on that book to make you read it for hours on end.

Anyways, the book is more of a dystopian type with a strict government and a sprinkle of romance. The main character, Katniss Everdeen, lives with her mother and sister Prim, and her father was unfortunately killed in a mine accident. Katniss lives in District twelve out of twelve districts in Panem, which was once known as North America. Long before Katniss, the districts rebelled and went to war with the Capitol, the government of Panem. The Capitol obviously won, and as surrender terms for the districts, they are required to send one boy and one girl to "The Hunger Games," in which twenty four tributes are sent to an arena where they fight to the death on live TV. When Prim's name is called in the reaping, Katniss steps forward to take her sister's place. The novel covers Katniss's journey through the Hunger Games and even her "love affair" with Peeta Mellark, another tribute from Katniss's district.

I highly recommend this book, however I feel it should be for readers at the age of 12+ because it does contain a lot of violence. I am currently reading Catching Fire, the sequel, and then I'll move onto Mockinjay, the last book in the series. I would like to watch the movie, but being the coward I am I can't bring myself to do it!

Let me know your thoughts on the book below!
xox
post signature

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read the book but loved the movie! :-/ It's so sad....I love to read but never seem to find the time with work and kids now! But this is definitely on my list of must reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely read it when you find some time! :)
      xox
      Sophia

      Delete
  2. I've read the series twice, didn't like the movie though. Maybe part 2 is better?

    ReplyDelete