May 15, 2014

What I Love About Makeup



When I first became familiar with Makeup, I didn't really know anything about it. However as I got older, and I learned how to use it, I found that people used it to make themselves look "better."

But that's not why I wear it.

I've always thought makeup was exciting. You can express yourself in so many different ways with just a little red lipstick or winged eyeliner. But that's why I wear makeup. I don't think you should wear it because it covers up your acne, or because you feel prettier with it on. Makeup should be fun, and only wear it to make you feel confident.

I absolutely hate it when girls cake on a bunch of makeup just to impress a guy. Wear makeup to impress yourself, not others.

It took me awhile to realize that this is why girls wear makeup. I've only loved it because I just love the whole process, and experimenting and finding what works for you. It's really disappointing how nowadays it's only worn to look better.

That's why I don't think of makeup as makeup. It's an art.

On my blog I want to enforce that makeup should be fun and creative, not a mask.

That's why I love makeup. Why do you love makeup?

3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post dear:))
    Your blog is very inspirational:)
    Would you mind checking out mine,and follow if you like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! I'd love to check out your blog :)
      xo Sophia
      http://lipstickland.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  2. You are right though, certain women where make-up to hide how they really look and sometimes you see the real person which really is not what you expected to see. I noticed this a lot on YouTube, it was disturbing to see how bad their skin really is compared to mine (I don't have the most amazing skin but it most definitely does not look bad like theirs).

    I am not really a make-up fan, I will basically only wear eye-liner and mascara. I am not really fond of lipstick or lipgloss (they feel weird). I have become fond of eos (now that is amazing lipbalm) though unfortunately we have to buy the product online (not stocked in my country)

    ReplyDelete