December 22, 2013

DIY Holiday Gift Boxes




Hi Everybody!
So today, I have a Holiday DIY for you all today! It's super simple, and really cute to put gifts for friends and family in the boxes! So let's jump right in!




I forgot to picture the supplies...oops! Well I guess I'll just list the supplies instead!
  • Blank Gift Boxes (pictured above)
  • Any paint you may prefer
  • Paint Brushes (I also used a sponge, pictured below)
  • Paper plates/tray for paint
  • Paper towels


\

 So the first thing I did was take one of those paint sponge things and sponged it on to my gift box. I just patted the sponge on the box and it came out really awesome! It has this cool texture that stayed even after the box dried! I really like the way it came out. You could also paint the inside of the box, but I choose not to.



When I finished sponging the paint on, I decided to add some green polka dots! I just talk a small detail paint brush and painted some circles. I made some smaller polka dots, and some bigger ones, just because I like the size variation.

And here is the finished product! I didn't show the whole box, but I painted the dots all around the box. Overall, I was really happy with the finished product! I thought it really cute, and even used this box for a gift for my sister. For drying time, I bet it would be dry in a few hours. However, I would wait overnight to be sure, especially is you used a lot of paint!



Here, I started making another one with stripes! It doesn't look perfect, but it's the thought that counts, right?

Well I hope you all enjoyed this DIY! It was really fun to do, and great for wrapping gifts!
Talk to you guys soon!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. They look so cute! Definitely going to use this to give presents next year, great post!

    I made Christmas biscuits last night and would love for you to check them out, it would be great to have an opinion on them!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taylor! I'd love to check out your post!
      xox
      Sophia

      Delete